IRELAND: Teeling Whiskey Co targets US growth with distribution deal
Teeling Whiskey wants a slice of strong growth in the US
Independent Irish whiskey maker Teeling Whiskey Co has appointed a US importer as it looks to capture fast-growing demand in the country.
Teeling founder Jack Teeling, who unveiled the exclusive deal with Infinium Spirits yesterday (9 January), told just-drinks he is “delighted” with the partnership. The first bottles will ship next week and plans are for an April launch, Teeling added.
“Given the importance of the US for any Irish whiskey we took our time selecting our importer and believe we have found a like-minded family-owned partner to take advantage of the opportunity for our unique expressions of Irish whiskey," Teeling said.
Initial sales will be of Teeling Whiskey's namesake brand and focused on ten US states, including California, Texas, Illinois, New York, Florida and Massachusetts.
Irish whiskey sales have risen more than 400% since 2002 and is now a larger category than single malt Scotch, the Dublin-based company said.
In November, Teeling launched a single grain Irish whiskey to boost a portfolio that includes Poiton spirit and the 21-year-old Vintage Reserve Collection.
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Moet Hennessy hails Formula One deal for Chandon
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research