IRELAND: Teeling Whiskey Co targets US growth with distribution deal
Teeling Whiskey wants a slice of strong growth in the US
Independent Irish whiskey maker Teeling Whiskey Co has appointed a US importer as it looks to capture fast-growing demand in the country.
Teeling founder Jack Teeling, who unveiled the exclusive deal with Infinium Spirits yesterday (9 January), told just-drinks he is “delighted” with the partnership. The first bottles will ship next week and plans are for an April launch, Teeling added.
“Given the importance of the US for any Irish whiskey we took our time selecting our importer and believe we have found a like-minded family-owned partner to take advantage of the opportunity for our unique expressions of Irish whiskey," Teeling said.
Initial sales will be of Teeling Whiskey's namesake brand and focused on ten US states, including California, Texas, Illinois, New York, Florida and Massachusetts.
Irish whiskey sales have risen more than 400% since 2002 and is now a larger category than single malt Scotch, the Dublin-based company said.
In November, Teeling launched a single grain Irish whiskey to boost a portfolio that includes Poiton spirit and the 21-year-old Vintage Reserve Collection.
The Future of the Spirits Market in Ireland to 2017
The report presents detailed data on the Spirits consumption trends in Ireland, historic and forecast consumption volume and value at market and category level, brand share, alcoholic strength, price ...read more
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future