IRELAND: Teeling Whiskey Co next in line to build new distillery
Click through to view an artist's impression of Teeling Whiskey Co's new distillery
The Teeling Whiskey Co has confirmed plans to build a new distillery in Dublin.
The company, founded by the same family that sold Cooley Distillery to Beam Inc for US$95m in 2012, announced earlier today (29 January) that it will spend EUR10m (US$13.7m) on the production facility, which will be located in The Liberties area of central Dublin. The distillery, which will include three copper pot stills, will have an annual production capacity of 500,000 litres of whiskey.
Production will begin in the fourth quarter of this year.
“This project will bring distilling back to an area of Dublin … which at one stage had 37 different operational distilleries,” said company founder and MD Jack Teeling. “Building a working distillery is just one part of our plan for the Newmarket site, which will also involve the development of an integrated visitor experience.”
The firm is the latest to build a new production facility: Late last year, Walsh Whiskey Distillery followed news that it had sold a 50% stake to Italian drinks firm Illva Saronno with the announcement that it would construct a "craft" whiskey distillery, with an annual capacity of 400,000 cases. Also, William Grant & Sons is expecting its new facility for Tullamore D.E.W. to begin operations in September.
Earlier this year, Teeling Whiskey Co appointed Infinium Spirits as US importer for its whiskey portfolio.
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US