USA: Ted Baseler named President of Stimson Lane Wine Group
Stimson Lane Vineyards and Estates, owner of Chateau Ste. Michelle and Columbia Crest wineries in Washington State and other wineries in California, today announced the appointment of Theodor P. Baseler as president of its new Stimson Lane Vineyards and Estates Wine Group, which will combine sales, marketing, communications, customer service and sales information. Baseler joined the company as marketing director in 1984 and has been Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing since 1995. During his tenure, Stimson Lane sales have grown from $18 Million in 1984 to $172 million in 1999, placing Stimson Lane in the top five super-premium wine companies in the United States. Baseler will continue to report to Allen Shoup, president and CEO of Stimson Lane Vineyards and Estates. Baseler said, "This restructuring will help us meet the challenges in the most competitive consumer products business in the world. I look forward to this broader role." Prior to joining Stimson Lane, Baseler managed consumer goods accounts for the advertising agencies J. Walter Thompson and Ogilvy & Mather. He has a B. A. from Washington State University and master's degree from Northwestern University. He lives in Bellevue, Washington, with his wife and daughter. Baseler is a founding Director of the Wine Market Council and a member of the Washington Quality Alliance committee. He has also served as a Director of the Washington Wine Institute.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Beam Suntory workers end Jim Beam strike
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends