US: Teamsters reaches news Coke Bottling deal
The Mobile, Alabama division of soft drinks workers union Teamsters has voted to ratify a new three-year collective bargaining agreement with Coca-Cola Bottling Company of Mobile. The local union represents 155 drivers and sales reps at the Mobile facility.
"We won a good contract with an across the board 3% wage increase, a 401k plan with company contributions and reasonable health care payments," said Charlie Sullivan, secretary-treasurer of Teamsters Local 991. "Our members on the negotiating team played a very vital role in securing a good contract for the members at Coca-Cola."
"Our team at Local 991 did a terrific job representing members' interests at the bargaining table," said Jack Cipriani, Eastern Region vice president and director of the Teamsters Brewery and Soft Drink Workers Conference. "Now we have a contract they can be proud of."
The Teamsters Brewery and Soft Drink Workers Conference represents over 15,000 Coca-Cola employees throughout the US.
Coca-Cola Bottling Company Consolidated has declared a dividend for the fourth quarter of 2005 of US$0.25 per share on shares of the the North Carolina-based soft drinks company's common stock and cla...
The North Carolina-based soft drinks bottler, Coca-Cola Bottling Co., posted earnings for the second quarter of 2005 of US$11.5m, against US$10.6m in the second quarter of 2004....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. has declared a dividend for the third quarter of 2005 of US$.25 per share on shares of the company's common stock and class B common stock payable on August 26, 2005, to shareho...
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has announced that it has closed its debenture exchange offer....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has announced the expiration of the early participation period related to its offer to exchange new Senior Notes for debentures....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. has seen its Q1 net income plunge....
Anheuser-Busch is the latest US drinks company to be hit by industrial action....
Workers at Coca-Cola bottling and distribution facilities in Hartford, Connecticut and the Los Angeles area are on strike....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends