UK: Teacher's launches golf promo
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is to run a golf promotion on its Teacher's Scotch to tie in with this weekend's Ryder Cup.
The group said yesterday (19 September) that it has linked up with over 150 golf clubs across the UK to offer consumers a free golf lesson with a club professional.
Supported by selected press advertising in The Times and Sunday Times sports pages around the Ryder Cup weekend, the promotion will feature on over 250,000 70cl and one-litre bottles of Teacher's in stores this month.
To receive their free lesson with a golf professional, consumers will be asked to register either on-line or by post. A concierge service will be on hand to assist with the bookings, which are valid for a year.
"With over 4m golfers in the UK and 10% of Teacher's consumers playing regularly the 'Golf the Nation' promotion is an ideal platform from which to communicate with current and prospective Teacher's consumers" said Drew Munro, Beam's UK marketing director.
A year ago, the Fortune Brands-owned drinks group ploughed GBP1.5m (US$2.8m) into the brand following its purchase of Teacher's from Pernod Ricard. The French company held Teacher's fleetingly after its takeover of Allied Domecq.
Pernod Ricard has unveiled a line extension to its rum brand Mailbu....
Pernod Ricard has lined up two flavour extensions for its Kahlua coffee liqueur....
Future Brands has renewed its distribution agreement in Rhode Island....
Bacardi is looking to take its bid for the Spanish rights to Havana Club rum to the country's Supreme Court....
Constellation Brands appears to have backed out of the race to buy Absolut vodka....
Pernod Ricard has reported a 20% leap in underlying first-half profits thanks to a strong performance from its spirits brands....
An appeals court in Spain has thrown out a bid from Bacardi to claim the local trademark rights to Havana Club rum....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has lined up an addition to its Tequila range in the US....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Diageo names Javier Ferran as new chairman
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends