UK: Teacher’s extends UK marketing campaign
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has lined up an extension of a marketing campaign for its Teacher's Scotch whisky brand in the UK.
The company said yesterday (27 march) that it is launching a GBP1.5m (US$2.9m) marketing campaign as an extension of last year's Create Your Space programme, in a bid to increase consumer interest in the blended whisky brand.
The campaign will target 30-year plus males who need some "man space", a place where men can "escape the pressures of their busy lives and find inspiration to pursue their interests", the company said.
"Create Your Space is striking a chord with consumers, positioning Teacher's as a relevant and accessible blended Scotch whisky and fulfilling our company's ambition of building brands people want to talk about," said Beam Global UK's category marketing manager for Scotch, Aileen Nicol.
The first phase will involve on-pack promotions, national press advertising, a high profile consumer PR campaign, in-store activity and an updated website.
Media support will run throughout April and May.
Absolut vodka may have been eating up the column inches this year, but another privately-owned Russian producer has also been hitting the headlines. Last week, Chris Mercer visited the home of Russian...
Vodka is the drink of the moment in the Dominican Republic, growing 50% in 2007 according to recent research from the IWSR....
The South African whisky market grew by an estimated 16.2% in 2007 to over 3.5m cases. According to The IWSR's South Africa Wine and Spirits 2008 report, growth was largely driven by Jameson, Jack Dan...
Chivas Brothers has appointed Publicis to handle the global advertising for The Glenlivet as part of an agency realignment for the company....
Scotch whisky group Whyte & Mackay has said its performance for the year looks "very healthy", offering more evidence that Scotch has bucked an economic downturn....
EU trade officials have launched a fresh complaint at the World Trade Organisation over high import tariffs on wine and spirits in several Indian states....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has appointed Robert Probst as senior vice president and chief financial officer....
EU trade officials are preparing to launch fresh action at the World Trade Organisation against India's wine and spirit import tariffs....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015