CHINA: Tea remains favorite among commercial beverages in China, but beer, bottled water and soft drinks advance
The market for commercial beverages in China realized decisive gains in the last decade, reports the first study of that gigantic market published by Beverage Marketing Corporation, the leading information and consulting resource for the worldwide beverage industry. The Multiple Beverage Market in China, 2000 edition, opens with an overview of the market as a whole, followed by a detailed analysis of each of the major beverage categories. "With the development of China's economy and the improvement of Chinese people's living standard," it declares, "consumption of commercial liquid beverages grew quickly throughout the 1990s, and the makeup of the typical beverage menu has changed significantly."The specification of commercial beverages relates to the fact, noted in the study, that more than 90% of the fluid the Chinese people drink is still non-commercial water. However, average annual per capita consumption of commercial beverages has been increasing steadily, passing 64 liters, or nearly 17 gallons, in 1999, it reports, and total volume of these beverages exceeded 800 million hectoliters, equal to more than 21 billion gallons.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research