SINGAPORE: TCC speaks out as battle for Fraser & Neave escalates
F&N has become the subject of a bidding war
ThaiBev-controlled TCC Assets has spoken out after a report claimed that it is looking to acquire an extra 10% of Fraser & Neave (F&N).
Bloomberg reported earlier today (17 December) that Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi, ThaiBev's and TCC's owner, is trying to acquire an additional stake in the Singapore conglomerate for SGD9.60 (US$7.87) a share. Last week, Chareon, who currently owns around 35% of F&N, extended the deadline for a SGD8.88-per-share offer for full control to 2 January.
In a statement responding to the Bloomberg article, TCC said the group has “from time to time, been approached by shareholders and/or brokers in relation to potential sales of shares in the company (F&N).”
But, it added that there is “no certainty that any transaction would materialise and/or any revision of the offer price would be made”.
Chareon faces a fight for F&N with Singapore-based property group Overseas Union Enterprise (OUE). Last month, OUE submitted a SGD13.1bn (US$10.7bn) cash offer for full control of F&N, topping TCC's bid. The deadline for the OUE bid is 3 January.
If the OUE challenge is successful, Kirin Holdings has agreed to acquire F&N's food & beverage business for SGD2.7bn.
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends