SINGAPORE: TCC speaks out as battle for Fraser & Neave escalates
F&N has become the subject of a bidding war
ThaiBev-controlled TCC Assets has spoken out after a report claimed that it is looking to acquire an extra 10% of Fraser & Neave (F&N).
Bloomberg reported earlier today (17 December) that Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi, ThaiBev's and TCC's owner, is trying to acquire an additional stake in the Singapore conglomerate for SGD9.60 (US$7.87) a share. Last week, Chareon, who currently owns around 35% of F&N, extended the deadline for a SGD8.88-per-share offer for full control to 2 January.
In a statement responding to the Bloomberg article, TCC said the group has “from time to time, been approached by shareholders and/or brokers in relation to potential sales of shares in the company (F&N).”
But, it added that there is “no certainty that any transaction would materialise and/or any revision of the offer price would be made”.
Chareon faces a fight for F&N with Singapore-based property group Overseas Union Enterprise (OUE). Last month, OUE submitted a SGD13.1bn (US$10.7bn) cash offer for full control of F&N, topping TCC's bid. The deadline for the OUE bid is 3 January.
If the OUE challenge is successful, Kirin Holdings has agreed to acquire F&N's food & beverage business for SGD2.7bn.
Alcoholic Drinks in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016)....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018