SINGAPORE: TCC speaks out as battle for Fraser & Neave escalates
F&N has become the subject of a bidding war
ThaiBev-controlled TCC Assets has spoken out after a report claimed that it is looking to acquire an extra 10% of Fraser & Neave (F&N).
Bloomberg reported earlier today (17 December) that Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi, ThaiBev's and TCC's owner, is trying to acquire an additional stake in the Singapore conglomerate for SGD9.60 (US$7.87) a share. Last week, Chareon, who currently owns around 35% of F&N, extended the deadline for a SGD8.88-per-share offer for full control to 2 January.
In a statement responding to the Bloomberg article, TCC said the group has “from time to time, been approached by shareholders and/or brokers in relation to potential sales of shares in the company (F&N).”
But, it added that there is “no certainty that any transaction would materialise and/or any revision of the offer price would be made”.
Chareon faces a fight for F&N with Singapore-based property group Overseas Union Enterprise (OUE). Last month, OUE submitted a SGD13.1bn (US$10.7bn) cash offer for full control of F&N, topping TCC's bid. The deadline for the OUE bid is 3 January.
If the OUE challenge is successful, Kirin Holdings has agreed to acquire F&N's food & beverage business for SGD2.7bn.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts