SINGAPORE: TCC speaks out as battle for Fraser & Neave escalates
F&N has become the subject of a bidding war
ThaiBev-controlled TCC Assets has spoken out after a report claimed that it is looking to acquire an extra 10% of Fraser & Neave (F&N).
Bloomberg reported earlier today (17 December) that Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi, ThaiBev's and TCC's owner, is trying to acquire an additional stake in the Singapore conglomerate for SGD9.60 (US$7.87) a share. Last week, Chareon, who currently owns around 35% of F&N, extended the deadline for a SGD8.88-per-share offer for full control to 2 January.
In a statement responding to the Bloomberg article, TCC said the group has “from time to time, been approached by shareholders and/or brokers in relation to potential sales of shares in the company (F&N).”
But, it added that there is “no certainty that any transaction would materialise and/or any revision of the offer price would be made”.
Chareon faces a fight for F&N with Singapore-based property group Overseas Union Enterprise (OUE). Last month, OUE submitted a SGD13.1bn (US$10.7bn) cash offer for full control of F&N, topping TCC's bid. The deadline for the OUE bid is 3 January.
If the OUE challenge is successful, Kirin Holdings has agreed to acquire F&N's food & beverage business for SGD2.7bn.
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- The new Johnnie Walker ad and today's consumers
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Moet Hennessy hails Formula One deal for Chandon
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research