SINGAPORE: TCC speaks out as battle for Fraser & Neave escalates
F&N has become the subject of a bidding war
ThaiBev-controlled TCC Assets has spoken out after a report claimed that it is looking to acquire an extra 10% of Fraser & Neave (F&N).
Bloomberg reported earlier today (17 December) that Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi, ThaiBev's and TCC's owner, is trying to acquire an additional stake in the Singapore conglomerate for SGD9.60 (US$7.87) a share. Last week, Chareon, who currently owns around 35% of F&N, extended the deadline for a SGD8.88-per-share offer for full control to 2 January.
In a statement responding to the Bloomberg article, TCC said the group has “from time to time, been approached by shareholders and/or brokers in relation to potential sales of shares in the company (F&N).”
But, it added that there is “no certainty that any transaction would materialise and/or any revision of the offer price would be made”.
Chareon faces a fight for F&N with Singapore-based property group Overseas Union Enterprise (OUE). Last month, OUE submitted a SGD13.1bn (US$10.7bn) cash offer for full control of F&N, topping TCC's bid. The deadline for the OUE bid is 3 January.
If the OUE challenge is successful, Kirin Holdings has agreed to acquire F&N's food & beverage business for SGD2.7bn.
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review