SINGAPORE: TCC says latest Fraser & Neave offer is "final"
TCC's chase for F&N looks to be reaching a conclusion
ThaiBev-controlled TCC Assets has said its SGD9.55-per-share bid for Fraser & Neave (F&N) is its "final" offer for the group.
TCC upped its bid for the conglomerate last week in a move to see off rival Overseas Union Enterprise (OUE). And yesterday (21 January), OUE said it was withdrawing from the long-running bidding war.
TCC is set to pay around SGD13.75bn (US$11.2bn) for F&N, whose interests include soft drinks, food, property and publishing. TCC's offer will remain open until 4 Feburary, it said yesterday.
TCC also said that it now owns 42.5% of F&N, after acquiring 34.58m shares at SGD9.55 per share yesterday.
Meanwhile, Japanese brewer Kirin, which has a 15% stake in F&N said today that no decision has been made on what it will do with its share, it was reported. Previously, Kirin had agreed to acquire F&N's food and beverage business if OUE's bid had been successful.
Datamonitor's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organ...
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit
- DS Services lines up ex-Pernod Ricard exec as COO