SINGAPORE: TCC says latest Fraser & Neave offer is "final"
TCC's chase for F&N looks to be reaching a conclusion
ThaiBev-controlled TCC Assets has said its SGD9.55-per-share bid for Fraser & Neave (F&N) is its "final" offer for the group.
TCC upped its bid for the conglomerate last week in a move to see off rival Overseas Union Enterprise (OUE). And yesterday (21 January), OUE said it was withdrawing from the long-running bidding war.
TCC is set to pay around SGD13.75bn (US$11.2bn) for F&N, whose interests include soft drinks, food, property and publishing. TCC's offer will remain open until 4 Feburary, it said yesterday.
TCC also said that it now owns 42.5% of F&N, after acquiring 34.58m shares at SGD9.55 per share yesterday.
Meanwhile, Japanese brewer Kirin, which has a 15% stake in F&N said today that no decision has been made on what it will do with its share, it was reported. Previously, Kirin had agreed to acquire F&N's food and beverage business if OUE's bid had been successful.
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research