SINGAPORE: TCC says latest Fraser & Neave offer is "final"
TCC's chase for F&N looks to be reaching a conclusion
ThaiBev-controlled TCC Assets has said its SGD9.55-per-share bid for Fraser & Neave (F&N) is its "final" offer for the group.
TCC upped its bid for the conglomerate last week in a move to see off rival Overseas Union Enterprise (OUE). And yesterday (21 January), OUE said it was withdrawing from the long-running bidding war.
TCC is set to pay around SGD13.75bn (US$11.2bn) for F&N, whose interests include soft drinks, food, property and publishing. TCC's offer will remain open until 4 Feburary, it said yesterday.
TCC also said that it now owns 42.5% of F&N, after acquiring 34.58m shares at SGD9.55 per share yesterday.
Meanwhile, Japanese brewer Kirin, which has a 15% stake in F&N said today that no decision has been made on what it will do with its share, it was reported. Previously, Kirin had agreed to acquire F&N's food and beverage business if OUE's bid had been successful.
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research