SINGAPORE: TCC says latest Fraser & Neave offer is "final"
TCC's chase for F&N looks to be reaching a conclusion
ThaiBev-controlled TCC Assets has said its SGD9.55-per-share bid for Fraser & Neave (F&N) is its "final" offer for the group.
TCC upped its bid for the conglomerate last week in a move to see off rival Overseas Union Enterprise (OUE). And yesterday (21 January), OUE said it was withdrawing from the long-running bidding war.
TCC is set to pay around SGD13.75bn (US$11.2bn) for F&N, whose interests include soft drinks, food, property and publishing. TCC's offer will remain open until 4 Feburary, it said yesterday.
TCC also said that it now owns 42.5% of F&N, after acquiring 34.58m shares at SGD9.55 per share yesterday.
Meanwhile, Japanese brewer Kirin, which has a 15% stake in F&N said today that no decision has been made on what it will do with its share, it was reported. Previously, Kirin had agreed to acquire F&N's food and beverage business if OUE's bid had been successful.
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research