SINGAPORE: TCC offer to shareholders closes
TCC now has around a 90% stake in F&N
TCC Assets has built up its total stake in Fraser & Neave to 90%, while the deadline for shareholders to tender their stock has closed.
In a statement today (18 February), the ThaiBev-controlled vehicle said that the level of acceptances from ordinary shareholders had reached 42.08%, equating to 606,505,956 shares. Its offer to shareholders is now closed, it said.
TCC, which now has a total shareholding of 90.32% in the group, took majority control of F&N late last month.
Thapana Sirivadhanabhakdi, ThaiBev's president & CEO said: “ThaiBev is very pleased with the outcome of the offer and the high level of acceptances gained from shareholders. We look forward to working with TCC Assets in developing a constructive long-term relationship with F&N management and employees and will explore all options in an effort to enhance value.”
Earlier this month, Kirin Holdings said it will sell its 15% stake in F&N to TCC Assets for around SGD2bn (US$1.6bn).
TCC previously won a bidding war with Singapore property group Overseas Union Enterprise for control of F&N.
The soft drinks market represents around 30% of Primo Schincariol’s net sales, and carbonates, bottled water and fruit/vegetable juice are the most representative products within the company’s portfol...
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review