UK: Taylor's release packaging change and price cut for LBV '95
Taylor's, the Port company, has released a new packaging design for its recently released Late Bottled Vintage 1995, in celebration of the category's 30th Anniversary.The brand has also entered the market at the aggressive price of £9.99 from UK agents Mentzendorff. Despite the drop in price Taylor's believes, the makeover with its scripted writing and contemporary style still manages to convey the company's heritage and tradition.Commenting on the price change, Adrian Bridge, Taylor's managing director, said: "In recent years many price points for Port have remained the same despite a 10% increase in duty. Late Bottled Vintage price had started to creep up as a result of a number of small harvests in the Douro leading to the rising price in premium quality grapes. However, with the continued strength of the British pound, Taylor's is taking the opportunity to pass the currency benefit onto consumers."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Stock Spirits recruits Drambuie head for MD role