INDIA: Taylor & Shroff partners Aspri Spirits
UK wine & spirits group Taylor & Shroff has formed a partnership with Indian distributor Aspri Spirits, targeting annual revenue of more than US$50m by 2012.
The partnership will introduce around 120 labels originating from Australia, New Zealand, France, Spain, Italy, New Zealand, Chile and US by the end of 2009.
Sumedh Singh Mandla, CEO of Aspri's Wine Division, said today (4 December): "We are identifying opportunities in the Indian market and other partners in the international segment for expansion of the business."
Aspri has a distribution network in 22 cities in the country, through which it presently sells Australian De Bartoli wines.
The partnership also has plans to produce wine in India for export to the Mid-east and Asia Pacific markets. Further details were unavailable at this time.
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends