INDIA: Taylor & Shroff partners Aspri Spirits
UK wine & spirits group Taylor & Shroff has formed a partnership with Indian distributor Aspri Spirits, targeting annual revenue of more than US$50m by 2012.
The partnership will introduce around 120 labels originating from Australia, New Zealand, France, Spain, Italy, New Zealand, Chile and US by the end of 2009.
Sumedh Singh Mandla, CEO of Aspri's Wine Division, said today (4 December): "We are identifying opportunities in the Indian market and other partners in the international segment for expansion of the business."
Aspri has a distribution network in 22 cities in the country, through which it presently sells Australian De Bartoli wines.
The partnership also has plans to produce wine in India for export to the Mid-east and Asia Pacific markets. Further details were unavailable at this time.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research