CZECH: Tax stamps move a step closer
The Czech government has approved plans to introduce mandatory alcohol stamps. The authorities approved the move yesterday, in an attempt to clamp down on the country's so-called grey economy.
The plan will now be heard by parliament and , if approved, should take effect from the beginning of next year.
The Finance Ministry believes that alcohol stamping should prevent tax evasion as all alcoholic beverages on the Czech market would have to be stamped.
The government expects to issue around 200m stamps each year if the plans are approved, worth between CZK0.2 (US$0.007) and CZK0.36 each. Both producers and importers would be required to buy them.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Brasserie Kronenbourg has clarified earlier reports about its entry into the low alcohol beer sector in France....
Costs relating to alcohol abuse in Sweden are on the rise, according to research out this week....
Police in eastern Kenya have said that at least 24 people died on Saturday after drinking illegally produced alcohol....
According to a recently published study, people who drink alcohol may have a lower risk of developing a type of cancer which affects the lymphatic system known as non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)....
Diageo is calling for facts labels to be placed on alcohol beverages in the US....
Kenyan authorities are to ban beer and spirits advertising from television and billboards in the country, according to a local report late last week....
Post-menopausal women who consume even moderate amounts of alcohol may face an increased risk of breast cancer, according to a comprehensive US study....
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research