INDIA: Tata Tea, PepsiCo explore RTD joint-venture
Tata Tea and PepsiCo target RTDs in India
Tata Tea has taken a step towards creating a joint venture in its Indian homeland with PepsiCo.
In a filing to the National Stock Exchange of India in Mumbai late last week, Tata Tea's vice president and secretary, V Madan, confirmed that the company's board has approved a non-binding Memorandum of Understanding with PepsiCo, with a view to forming a non-carbonated RTD joint venture in the country.
The alliance will focus its efforts on “health and enhanced wellness”, Madan noted.
“Definitive agreements for the joint venture are intended to be finalised over the next few months,” the filing stated, while the alliance “is not intended to conflict with any existing arrangements of the parties”.
Last June, Tata Tea said it planned to expand from its tea and coffee heartland and compete globally in the RTD market. Tata Tea said it was looking to acquire brands in Russia, Asia Pacific, Africa, and South America.
To read the filing, click here.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future