UK/US: Tata Global Beverages takes stake in Activate
Tata has the option to increase its stake in Activate over the next 12 months
The UK division of Tata Global Beverages has purchased a minority stake in US performance beverage firm Activate.
The company has not disclosed any financial details of the transaction or the size of the stake but said today (26 October) that it has the option to increase its stake over the next 12 months.
Peter Unsworth, group CEO of Tata Global Beverages said: "We have ambitious growth plans and a vision to become the leader in the ‘good for you' beverage segment. This investment is the latest piece in our strategic journey to reach consumers in different ways."
Activate produces a beverage using the company's patented cap technology to "maximise the freshness of vitamins" by keeping them dry until the product is ready to be consumed.
Dan Holland, president of Activate added: "We are thrilled to have found a partner in Tata. Activate will not only benefit from the major investment and overall commitment to the company but also from Tata's deep expertise in the beverage industry and the solid infrastructure they have built along the way."
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future