UK/US: Tata Global Beverages takes stake in Activate
Tata has the option to increase its stake in Activate over the next 12 months
The UK division of Tata Global Beverages has purchased a minority stake in US performance beverage firm Activate.
The company has not disclosed any financial details of the transaction or the size of the stake but said today (26 October) that it has the option to increase its stake over the next 12 months.
Peter Unsworth, group CEO of Tata Global Beverages said: "We have ambitious growth plans and a vision to become the leader in the ‘good for you' beverage segment. This investment is the latest piece in our strategic journey to reach consumers in different ways."
Activate produces a beverage using the company's patented cap technology to "maximise the freshness of vitamins" by keeping them dry until the product is ready to be consumed.
Dan Holland, president of Activate added: "We are thrilled to have found a partner in Tata. Activate will not only benefit from the major investment and overall commitment to the company but also from Tata's deep expertise in the beverage industry and the solid infrastructure they have built along the way."
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits