INDIA: Tata Global Beverages, PepsiCo eye brand extension - report
Tata Global Beverages is to launch a range of health beverages through its joint-venture with PepsiCo India, according to a report.
NourishCo Beverages will extend the Lehar Gluco Plus iced tea range to include energy drinks and beverages fortified with vitamins, The Financial Express reported yesterday (17 August). A Tata spokesperson declined to comment when contacted by just-drinks.
Tata made a foray into the fruit-based beverages sector in 2009 with the launch of tea-based fruit drink Tion. However, earlier this year, the company pulled it from the market for not meeting "the set matrix envisaged by the management at the time of its launch", the company said.
In an exclusive interview with Tata Global Beverages last month, the company's now departed CEO, Peter Unsworth, told just-drinks that its key focus with the NourishCo joint-venture would be to grow the 'good for you' beverage sector in India.
"Longer term, you have to make sure you grow in a positive way, so I think where we go next and what we do next depends on the success with which we can get the products into the market in India," Unsworth said.
PepsiCo has fired its expected salvo of job cuts and investment promises, but confidence cannot be rebuilt in a day....
PepsiCo is to cut around 8,700 employees as part of a cost saving strategy designed to restore shareholders' confidence by freeing up funds for key brands....
PepsiCo's senior global director for digital and social media, Bonin Bough, is leaving the company to join Kraft Foods....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Molson Coors' Rekorderlig Cider Cocktails - NPD
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends