UK: Tarpan introduces vodka to UK market
Tarpan Distillery has launched a marketing campaign in a bid to push its namesake Polish vodka brand in the UK.
The company said yesterday (18 March) that it has begun its campaign in the country with a programme of trade press advertisements, and will be associated with events involving the Polish community, as well as targetting equestrian events throughout the UK this year.
'Tarpan' means 'wild horse' in Polish.
The brand is a triple-distilled vodka from the Masuria region in north-east Poland and was introduced into the UK market last year by importer Drinks and Food UK
"There is currently a gap in the market for a GBP12.99 (US$18.64) premium Polish vodka brand," said Drinks and Food UK's managing director, Marc Charles. "Our research tells us that consumers associate quality vodka with Poland and are prepared to pay a slight premium, but not too much, for a quality product that is produced and bottled there. We believe we have the right brand and strategy to make a real impact in the UK."
Tarpan was launched in the UK last year into the independent retail and cash and carry sectors and has secured listings with Makro and a number of independent cash and carries.
The recession has prompted trading down in the spirits market, even putting the brakes on the seemingly ever-increasing premium vodka category. With reference to a new IWSR/just-drinks report, Ben Coo...
Blavod Drinks has added a number of brands to its spirits portfolio, including the Islay malt whisky Bruichladdich....
Russian Standard Vodka has launched its portfolio of vodkas in Australia and New Zealand, under a distribution deal with Beam Global Spirits & Wine....
Vermont Spirits has secured distribution for its vodka portfolio in New York State in the US....
The head of Pernod Ricard in the UK, Jean-Manuel Spriet, has told just-drinks that the group will reinvest budget for the recently sold Tia Maria brand in driving growth of Absolut vodka in the countr...
Pernod Ricard has declined to comment on a report out of Sweden that the group is to sell off all Vin & Sprit brands apart from Absolut vodka....
Pernod Ricard plans to cut debt "as quickly as possible" in order for it to take part in the next round of wine and spirits industry consolidation, but will reinvest in advertising and promotion in th...
French spirits group Pernod Ricard will need more than a few headache pills to deal with the tough period ahead. The world's second largest spirits group, behind Diageo, predicted a tough fiscal 2010 ...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015