UK: Tap water trumps bottled in taste test - report
UK tap water has come up near the top in a blind taste test, according to local reports.
A story in London's Evening Standard yesterday (18 December) said that a taste test of 24 waters saw water from a tap in the capital finish third. The panel was made up of experts including a wine critic and a sommelier, the report said.
While Waiwera, a bottled water from New Zealand which retails at GBP9 (US$18) per litre, came out on top, Nestle's Vittel brand came second. The most expensive water, 420 Volcanic from New Zealand, which costs around GBP50 a litre, came in 18th in the test.
Danone's Volvic water brand, was near the bottom of the list, finishing 20th out of 24.
The tap water was priced at around GBP0.01 per litre.
The Master Kong brand has outperformed domestic and international competitors alike in the Chinese RTD tea category and is also diversifying into new beverage sectors, extending an already multi-facet...
Danone has remained mum on rumours that the French food giant is looking to exit its partnership with Wahaha....
Groupe Danone has refused to comment on reports that it has decided to pull out of its commercial relationship with Chinese joint venture partner Hangzhou Wahaha....
Danone has denied reports it is to scrap its V energy drink after reports this week that the beverage and food giant was axing it as a result of the product's flagging performance....
Danone is said to be axing its V energy drink as result of the product's flagging performance, Marketing Week reported....
Groupe Danone has reiterated its sales and profits targets for this year....
Nestlé Waters is planning to cut 250 jobs at its mineral water production sites at Vittel and Contrex in eastern France, by the end-of 2009....
Groupe Danone has issued a Euro bond....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts