UK: Tap water trumps bottled in taste test - report
UK tap water has come up near the top in a blind taste test, according to local reports.
A story in London's Evening Standard yesterday (18 December) said that a taste test of 24 waters saw water from a tap in the capital finish third. The panel was made up of experts including a wine critic and a sommelier, the report said.
While Waiwera, a bottled water from New Zealand which retails at GBP9 (US$18) per litre, came out on top, Nestle's Vittel brand came second. The most expensive water, 420 Volcanic from New Zealand, which costs around GBP50 a litre, came in 18th in the test.
Danone's Volvic water brand, was near the bottom of the list, finishing 20th out of 24.
The tap water was priced at around GBP0.01 per litre.
The Master Kong brand has outperformed domestic and international competitors alike in the Chinese RTD tea category and is also diversifying into new beverage sectors, extending an already multi-facet...
Danone has remained mum on rumours that the French food giant is looking to exit its partnership with Wahaha....
Groupe Danone has refused to comment on reports that it has decided to pull out of its commercial relationship with Chinese joint venture partner Hangzhou Wahaha....
Danone has denied reports it is to scrap its V energy drink after reports this week that the beverage and food giant was axing it as a result of the product's flagging performance....
Danone is said to be axing its V energy drink as result of the product's flagging performance, Marketing Week reported....
Groupe Danone has reiterated its sales and profits targets for this year....
Nestlé Waters is planning to cut 250 jobs at its mineral water production sites at Vittel and Contrex in eastern France, by the end-of 2009....
Groupe Danone has issued a Euro bond....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Coca-Cola Co promotes CEO's assistant to sales job
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018