US: Tanqueray unveils 'character' ad push
Tanqueray gin is running a custom sponsorship campaign on television station USA Network this month.
The Diageo-owned brand will run a series of 'Character Uncovered' vignettes on the channel, which will include scripted live action promos featuring characters behind the brand. Tanqueray spokesperson Tony Sinclair will feature in the first ad.
Two 30-second spots featuring Sinclair in an interview-type atmosphere will air for 10 days starting from yesterday (11 December) on USA. The spots will air in primetime and late night dayparts.
"Our character-centric brand gives us license to bring the characters of our partner's brands to life in a unique and organic ways," said Diageo NA's senior vice president for gin marketing and brand strategy Chris McCumber.
Scott Collins, vice president, sales and marketing, NBCU Cable Entertainment, added: "USA is the only network that can offer advertisers an opportunity to showcase their branded spokespersons to a new audience in an innovative, distinctive way."
The C&C Group may have its cider brand Magners to thank for its recent success, but Brian Walsh, managing director of the Irish company's spirits arm C&C International, believes the group's spirits po...
This week's announcement by UK legislators of the latest plan to tackle alcohol abuse in England is the clearest sign yet that the government is ready to tackle the problem head-on, regardless of the ...
V&S Group's move into the local Chinese spirits market via a joint venture with Sichuan company JianNanChun offers the Swedish company access to the growing premium sector of a massive spirits industr...
Diageo has remained silent on growing press speculation that it is under investigation for tax evasion in South Korea....
The distribution of Guinness in France is returning to Kronenbourg/Scottish and Newcastle, ending a five-year stint with InBev....
Heaven Hill Distilleries has acquired the Mohawk domestic distilled spirits portfolio in the US....
Fortune Brands appears to be upping its profile in the impending race to acquire Sweden's Vin & Sprit....
The managing director of Beam Global Spirits & Wine UK has left the company....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- Sapporo’s Sapporo Premium Black - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages