PHILIPPINES: Tanduay profits jump on price rises
Philippine drinks group Tanduay Holdings has seen its thirds quarter net profits jump 76% over the same period last year to PHP149.9m.
The company said the rise had been fuelled by an increase in sales and a price rises.
For the nine months to September, net profit was up 49% on year to PHP376.5m from PHP252.1m, as revenue rise 18% on year to PHP4.76 bln from PHP4.04 bln.
In a statement the company said: "The increase in net sales and net income was attributed to the 6% increase in sales volume for the (January-September) period to 11.1m cases from last year's 10.5m cases and from the increase in selling prices by an average of 5%."
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's YTD performance - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- AB InBev targets South Africa with redundancy plan
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater 24 packaging revamp
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends