US: TalkingRain takes new twist in water market
The Washington-based water and functional beverages producer TalkingRain Beverage Company has launched a flavoured water brand called TalkingRain Twist.
The company describes TalkingRain Twist as an "all-natural, delicately flavoured, ultra-premium water with no sweeteners, preservatives or artificial ingredients". The new brand comes in four flavours: lemon, mandarin, peach, and marionberry, and is packaged in a distinctive 30-ounce, square bottle. Two further flavours are to be added in the autumn.
Suggested retail prices are US$1.99 for the 30-ounce bottle and US$0.79 for a smaller size to be launched in due course.
"Twist is perfect for those who want to drink water, know they should consume more, but who get bored with just plain water and don't want something overly sweet or artificial tasting," said TalkingRain chief executive officer Doug MacLean. "Twist incorporates just a twist of pure juice and fruit essences."
TalkingRain reports that Twist is already available in leading supermarkets and speciality grocers, including Whole Foods, Kroger and Sunflower Markets.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part II
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends