TAIWAN: Taiwan Beer to launch in China - report
Taiwan's state-owned alcohol producer is preparing to launch its Taiwan Beer on the growing Chinese market, according to local reports.
Taiwan Beer could be sold in China from February next year, following the brand's successful trademark registration, the chairman of the Taiwan Tobacco and Liquor Corp was reported as saying yesterday (09 December).
A spokesperson could not be reached by just-drinks this afternoon.
Entry into the strongly emerging Chinese beer market could bring home significant extra revenue for the Taiwanese government.
Taiwan's president Ma Ying-jeou was elected this year on a ticket of improving economic and diplomatic ties with China, in order to improve domestic growth. Relations between the two countries have been strained since they broke apart in 1949.
Sectors: Beer & cider
Like prominent Indian companies in many sectors, spirits producer United Spirits India has not only benefited from the rapid development of its domestic market but is also expanding its own internatio...
Concerns over health and drink-driving are fostering growth in the low- and non-alcohol beer categories. Spiros Malandrakis, drinks analyst at Euromonitor International, assesses the progress and pote...
Russian Standard Vodka has filed a lawsuit against its ex-CEO, Carlo Radicati, following an internal audit of his time at the company....
UK beer drinkers pay more than nine times the rate of duty tax as German consumers and seven times as much as the French, according to new research....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
The Portman Group has ruled in favour of a brewer following a complaint from a member of the public in the UK....
US wine and spirit distributor The Charmer Sunbelt Group (CSG) has partnered with CBS Radio to launch a drink awareness media campaign in the country....
Alcohol sales in the Republic of Ireland have plunged in the first quarter of this year, according to recently-released figures....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research