FRANCE: Taittinger H1 profit down 2.8%
The company attributed the decline to a drop in hotel bookings as tourist figures declined. Operating profit fell from €42.9m to €32.6m on sales 4.8% lower at €354.9m.
Champagne sales increased by 2% to €38.3m but operating profit at the company's Champagne division fell by 5.4% to €5.4m.
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part IV
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban