FRANCE: Table wine body names president
The new president of the French table wine association Anivit (L'Association nationale interprofessionnelle des vins de tables et vins de pays) has been named as negociant Noel Bougrier.
The association faces the challenge of reintegrating the Vin de Pays D'Oc producers, who quit the organisation in January 2006.
Bougrier told just-drinks he hoped the problem would eventually be solved with the application of the new Vins de Pays de Vignobles de France brand, which he said will absorb at least half of the Vins de Pays D'Oc production.
Bougrier, who is based in the Loire, takes over from Languedoc based producer René Moréno.
A new Vin de Pays range from Bordeaux négociant Yvon Mau has been launched in the UK under the brand name Maison Mau by the company's distributor Freixenet (DWS) Ltd....
Fetzer Vineyards has lined up a new French wine offering for the US....
A national category for French wines that for the first time will allow for the mixing of mid-range Vins de Pays from different areas has been finalised....
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK