SWEDEN: Systembolaget thanks Norwegians for sales lift
Systembolaget has posted a healthy start to the year so far.
Sales of alcohol at the Swedish state monopoly retailer rose in the first four months of this year by 6.1% year-on-year, the company said earlier this week.
Systembolaget credited the increase to declining imports and improved consumer spending. Visits from Norwegians to buy cheaper alcohol in Sweden also helped the company perform well, a spokesperson noted.
Yesterday, Norway's alcohol retail monopoly, Vinmonopolet, posted an 8% dip in sales for the month of April. The retailer blamed the early Easter this year, which fell in March compared to April last year, for the decrease.
Alcohol harm is back at the top of the media agenda this week - is it ever away for long? The Alcohol Health Alliance, a newly-formed association of 24 leading health organisations in the UK, is c...
Belvedere has posted a healthy lift in sales for the first nine months of this year, as Polish reports have claimed the company has acquired a local alcohol distributor....
Anheuser-Busch has launched two seasonal beers under its Michelob brand....
The privatisation of Swedish state-owned alcohol concern Vin & Sprit has been brought forward as an indirect result of the US sub-prime mortgage crisis, Swedish media has reported....
A drinks trade body in Ukraine has proposed a minimum price for vodka in the country, according to local reports....
Systembolaget has posted a lift in alcohol sales for the month....
The Boston Beer Company has posted a sharp fall in operating profit for its third quarter, despite a healthy lift in sales....
Investment bank Lehman Brothers has upgraded shares in the global drinks group Diageo to 'equal-weight' from 'underweight', with a price target of GBP11.50....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends