SWEDEN: Systembolaget sales continue to climb
Systembolaget is enjoying a bumper 2006, with sales volumes continuing to rise.
The Swedish alcohol retail monopoly said yesterday (8 November) that sales in term of pure alcohol have risen in the first ten months of 2006 by 5.8% on the corresponding period a year earlier.
While beer sales were up by 9.5% in volume terms, cider and mixed drinks posted an increase of 8%. Wine, meanwhile, was up 5.6% on the same period in 2005, with non-alcohol and spirits sales climbing by 2.8% and 0.5% respectively.
Bringing together the great and the good of the world's whisky distillers, The World Whisky Conference - which ran this week in Glasgow - saw just-drinks out in force. Chris Brook-Carter looks back at...
The decision by Constellation to sell half of its UK distribution company Matthew Clark to Punch Taverns and form a joint venture with the pub retailer has left many in the industry scratching their h...
Crown Imports has appointed a new director of business information to the group....
Foster's has lined up an addition to the Australian mid-strength beer market....
Diageo is looking to focus heavily on its premium market by offering up more innovative ways for them to connect with key brands....
Retail giant Sainsbury's plans to remove all artificial colours and flavourings from its own-brand ranges of soft drinks in the UK....
The World Trade Organisation has agreed to an EU request to take a closer look at India's taxation of spirits and wines....
European Union (EU) Agriculture Commissioner Mariann Fischer Boel has called for EU table wines to be labelled with their grape variety and vintage year, abolishing a restriction that reserves such in...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018