SWEDEN: Systembolaget 2007 sales climb - figures
Systembolaget has posted a volume lift in alcohol sales last year.
The state-owned alcohol retail monopoly said yesterday (16 January) that sales measured in pure alcohol in 2007 rose by 5.4% on 2006, totalling 40.5m litres. Marked growth was recorded in the southern counties of Skane, Blekinge and Halland.
While spirits sales were up by 2.3% at 19.3m litres, strong beer sales rose by 5.9% year-on-year to 207.1m litres. Wine registered a stronger rise, up 6% to 159.5m litres.
Although sales of cider slipped last year by 0.9% to 18.1m litres, sales of alcohol-free drinks leapt by 9.7% to 0.8m litres.
The pub environment in the UK is changing as a result of measures such as the smoking ban and changing consumer preferences. And with concern over excessive alcohol consumption continuing to rise, Ann...
It has survived the Iron Curtain, endured rationalisation in the global drinks industry and numerous changes in its distribution and even a feud with the Russian state, but Stolichnaya is still standi...
The 61st World Health Assembly published its resolution on "Strategies to reduce the harmful use of alcohol" last month. Ben Cooper examines the resolution and the response from public health agencies...
The Pocket Shot Company has entered into an alliance with spirits distributor Pocket Distribution in Europe....
Policymakers seeking to reduce binge-drinking should find ways of sending messages via complex social networks of friends who regularly abuse alcohol, a British study has concluded....
Anheuser-Busch has agreed to cease production of caffeinated alcohol beverages, following pressure from several US states....
Asahi Breweries is looking to begin exporting whiskey to Russia in July, according to local reports....
The Australian government is helping to launch an advertising campaign designed to influence generational change towards responsible consumption of alcohol. The campaign, which has been created by lob...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer