CHINA/RUSSIA: Synergy teams with Camus to launch Beluga in China
Synergy Group will launch Beluga vodka in China through Camus's subsidiary in the country
Synergy Group has partnered with Camus Wines & Spirits to launch its Beluga vodka brand in China.
The Russian company confirmed late last week that Camus's Chinese unit, Yuan Liu International Trade Co, will handle the distribution of Beluga in the country. The move marks the brand's entry into the Chinese market, where consumers are moving away from 'brown' alcohol towards vodka, Synergy has claimed.
“The company continues to expand its international presence, coming with Beluga brand to the new foreign markets,” said Synergy's CEO, Alexander Mechetin. “China represents one of the most perspective directions, not only by number of the population of the country, but also on the current trends in the sphere of spirits. As a whole in the Asian region, and in the People's Republic of China in particular, a shift of consumer trend from 'brown' alcohol towards vodka is observed.”
Camus, which owns the namesake Cognac brand, has spent the last ten years expanding “beyond Cognac and its traditional stronghold in travel retail through a heightened focus on other product categories and duty-paid markets”, the company said.
“This agreement underscores the close working relationship which we already enjoy with Synergy Group and takes it beyond the borders of Russia,” said company president, Cyril Camus. “The Beluga brand is a perfect fit within Camus’s existing portfolio of high-end wine and spirits.”
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads