CHINA/RUSSIA: Synergy teams with Camus to launch Beluga in China
Synergy Group will launch Beluga vodka in China through Camus's subsidiary in the country
Synergy Group has partnered with Camus Wines & Spirits to launch its Beluga vodka brand in China.
The Russian company confirmed late last week that Camus's Chinese unit, Yuan Liu International Trade Co, will handle the distribution of Beluga in the country. The move marks the brand's entry into the Chinese market, where consumers are moving away from 'brown' alcohol towards vodka, Synergy has claimed.
“The company continues to expand its international presence, coming with Beluga brand to the new foreign markets,” said Synergy's CEO, Alexander Mechetin. “China represents one of the most perspective directions, not only by number of the population of the country, but also on the current trends in the sphere of spirits. As a whole in the Asian region, and in the People's Republic of China in particular, a shift of consumer trend from 'brown' alcohol towards vodka is observed.”
Camus, which owns the namesake Cognac brand, has spent the last ten years expanding “beyond Cognac and its traditional stronghold in travel retail through a heightened focus on other product categories and duty-paid markets”, the company said.
“This agreement underscores the close working relationship which we already enjoy with Synergy Group and takes it beyond the borders of Russia,” said company president, Cyril Camus. “The Beluga brand is a perfect fit within Camus’s existing portfolio of high-end wine and spirits.”
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- This week in spirits & wine
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts