CHINA/RUSSIA: Synergy teams with Camus to launch Beluga in China
Synergy Group will launch Beluga vodka in China through Camus's subsidiary in the country
Synergy Group has partnered with Camus Wines & Spirits to launch its Beluga vodka brand in China.
The Russian company confirmed late last week that Camus's Chinese unit, Yuan Liu International Trade Co, will handle the distribution of Beluga in the country. The move marks the brand's entry into the Chinese market, where consumers are moving away from 'brown' alcohol towards vodka, Synergy has claimed.
“The company continues to expand its international presence, coming with Beluga brand to the new foreign markets,” said Synergy's CEO, Alexander Mechetin. “China represents one of the most perspective directions, not only by number of the population of the country, but also on the current trends in the sphere of spirits. As a whole in the Asian region, and in the People's Republic of China in particular, a shift of consumer trend from 'brown' alcohol towards vodka is observed.”
Camus, which owns the namesake Cognac brand, has spent the last ten years expanding “beyond Cognac and its traditional stronghold in travel retail through a heightened focus on other product categories and duty-paid markets”, the company said.
“This agreement underscores the close working relationship which we already enjoy with Synergy Group and takes it beyond the borders of Russia,” said company president, Cyril Camus. “The Beluga brand is a perfect fit within Camus’s existing portfolio of high-end wine and spirits.”
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Coca-Cola Amatil names new CFO
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly