PORTUGAL: Symingtons declare 2000 Port vintage
Port producer Graham's has declared its 2000 vintage.
In a statement the Port company said that a very low-yielding harvest had produced one of the best vintage Ports for many years.
"There is an evident deep concentration in the wine, with a latent power that promises outstandingly well for the future.
This will also be the first vintage to have been produced using Graham's robotic lagares.
The Symington family, which owns Graham's, has also declared 2000 a vintage year for Dow's, Warre's and Quinta do Vesuvio.
The Port industry is currently facing a period of considerable change and adjustment. Innovation and evolving a modern, viable industry structure are seen as vital if Port is to compete effectively in...
In the third in a series of reports on major family-controlled companies in the wines and spirits arena, Ben Cooper and drinks industry analyst Canadean take a look at Fortune Brands, which owns the i...
Chris Losh laments the capitulation of the EU negotiating team in the recent wine trade negotiations with the US, and asks whether Europe may have to make further even more generous concessions in the...
An innovative fermented lemonade produced by a small Bavarian brewer is one of the more unlikely brand success stories of recent times, but Bionade has taken the Hamburg club scene by storm, earning i...
Three Port shippers are for sale as consolidation continues to bite in the Douro Valley....
Hagalil Winery is launching Muza - an anise based RTD....
After almost 20 years of talks, US and European Community (EC) negotiators have announced an agreement on key provisions of the wine trade....
Drinks group Maxxium Canada is set to become the third largest spirits company in Canada, following the addition of four new brands resulting from the recent acquisition of some Allied Domecq brands b...
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review