AUS: Sweeter Westons Premium Cider to hit Dan Murphy's next week
Click through to view a full image of the product
Westons has revealed full details around the launch of a new sweeter version of its Premium Cider, which launches in Australia next week.
The new 4.5% abv version, created exclusively for the Australian market, will be sold in 1,300 of Woolworths' Dan Murphy's stores and off-trade outlets throughout the country from Monday (18 November). The brand will come in 50cl amber glass bottles packed in 12s into cardboard cartons, and 50-litre kegs for hotels and bars.
The new version, which will be distrubted by subsidiary Westons World Brands Pty, replaces Westons Premium Cider currently sold in Australia. The company's premium brand is sold in "selected" European and Asian markets.
Last month, Westons' commercial director Roger Jackson told just-drinks the new version of Westons Premium will be "slightly sweeter to suit Australian palates".
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research