SWEDEN: Swedish importer establishes new travel-retail division
Sweden's largest private wine and spirits importer Fondberg & Co. has set up a new Nordic travel-retail division.
Fondberg Travel Retail is to be headed by Fredrik Borin, currently sales director for Maxxium Global Travel Retail. Borin starts his job as managing director of the new limited company on 17 March and is immediately looking to recruit a small sales team of up to four people to assist him.
Commenting on his appointment, Borin said: "There are 58m ferry passengers travelling across the Nordic area annually - the population of the entire region is only about 25m. So that is clearly too big a potential market for Fondberg with its strong brand portfolio to ignore any longer."
The portfolio of family-owned Fondberg & Co., which has an annual turnover of over US$100m, includes brands such as Champagne Taittinger, Whyte & Mackay, Grand Marnier, Heaven Hill Distilleries and Wray & Nephew.
Describing itself as a powerhouse in the Australian FMCG sector, Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) is certainly an iconic figure in the Australian drinks industry....
Maxxium has lined up a travel retail promotional event at Munich Airport inspired by the city's Oktoberfest....
Maxxium has readied the release of the latest variant of Absolut vodka for the UK....
Scotch whisky brand The Famous Grouse has said its special edition Spanish Oak version has performed well in the travel retail sector....
Family-owned spirits producer Heaven Hill Distilleries has added two new flavoured line extensions to its Georgia Moon corn whiskey brand in the US....
Cognac and Champagne producer Remy Cointreau has returned to profit in its recent full-year, but has warned the next 12 months would be a "transition period" for the group....
Scotch whisky distillery Tullibardine has confirmed that it has hired Swiss investment bank UBS to assess potential takeover offers....
Fortune Brands has posted a reverse in operating profits for its second quarter with sales from its spirits unit also sliding....
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends