SWEDEN: Sweden's taxes "illegal protection" of domestic beer says EC
Sweden has been told by the European Commission to end its favourable tax treatment of beer compared to wine or face legal action at the European Court of Justice. Under the Swedish alcohol tax regime, wine in the 8.5-15% abv band bears tax at about four times the rate of beer in the 3-5% range, even though it has only three times as much alcohol.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- Scotch whisky leaders sign pro-UK letter