SWEDEN: Sweden's taxes "illegal protection" of domestic beer says EC
Sweden has been told by the European Commission to end its favourable tax treatment of beer compared to wine or face legal action at the European Court of Justice. Under the Swedish alcohol tax regime, wine in the 8.5-15% abv band bears tax at about four times the rate of beer in the 3-5% range, even though it has only three times as much alcohol.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Sustainability in Drinks - Sugar: A Shared Priorit
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Brown-Forman looks to raise US$500m
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beer, 2014 and the future