SWEDEN: Sweden's taxes "illegal protection" of domestic beer says EC
Sweden has been told by the European Commission to end its favourable tax treatment of beer compared to wine or face legal action at the European Court of Justice. Under the Swedish alcohol tax regime, wine in the 8.5-15% abv band bears tax at about four times the rate of beer in the 3-5% range, even though it has only three times as much alcohol.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- PepsiCo find stability but Peltz concerns linger
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte appoints new CEO
- Molson Coors CEO to retire