RUSSIA/UK: SVL Group to launch Abrau-Durso in UK
SVL Group has confirmed plans to bring its Russian sparkling wine brand, Abrau-Durso, to the UK.
The company, owned by Russian entrepreneur Boris Titov, said late last week that Abrau-Durso will be available in the UK from March, with an initial 20,000 bottles mainly being sold in the on-trade and through some agents. Titov emphasised that Abrau-Durso is not in direct competition with Champagne, and that the brand’s success in Russia had convinced them to explore new markets.
“This year, we have sold our entire planned production by third quarter only in the Russian market,” Titov told just-drinks. “We believe that Abrau-Durso has the potential to be recognised as a premium quality sparkling wine everywhere in the world.
“Our image is not that of replicating the glamour and luxury of Champagne,” he added. “We are something different, a sensible, yet a sophisticated product.”
SVL is also aiming to market the brand in Europe and China next year, dependant on its performance in the UK.
Moët Hennessy's decision to produce Chinese 'Champagne' looks like a shrewd move, if only it can persuade the locals to get a taste for the stuff....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018