Product Launch – JAPAN: Suntory's Yamazaki, Hakushu Multi-Year Single Malts
Click through to view Suntory's Yamazaki, Hakushu Multi-Year Single Malts
Suntory's Yamazaki, Hakushu Multi-Year Single Malts
Category – whisky, Japan, both 43% abv
Available - From 29 May
Location - Japan
Price - JPY1,750 (USD21.40) per 35cl bottle, JPY3,500 (USD42.80) per 70cl bottle
Distribution - Suntory Holdings Limited
Suntory has introduced two new variants to its Yamazaki and Hakushu single malt brands. Both are blends of previous years’ whiskies from the two distilleries. Neither carry a reference to any production year, unlike previous releases.
The new Yamazaki uses malt aged in oak casks, while the lightly peated Hakushu has a “fresh, smoky nuance”.
“We hope the new whiskies will cater to the growing fans of highball,” said a Suntory spokesman, referring to the popular Japanese drink of whisky sodas pre-packaged for quick consumption.
This third - and penultimate - part of October's management briefing, looking at the logistics landscape, shines the light on Asia Pacific....
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends