Product Launch – JAPAN: Suntory's Yamazaki, Hakushu Multi-Year Single Malts
Click through to view Suntory's Yamazaki, Hakushu Multi-Year Single Malts
Suntory's Yamazaki, Hakushu Multi-Year Single Malts
Category – whisky, Japan, both 43% abv
Available - From 29 May
Location - Japan
Price - JPY1,750 (USD21.40) per 35cl bottle, JPY3,500 (USD42.80) per 70cl bottle
Distribution - Suntory Holdings Limited
Suntory has introduced two new variants to its Yamazaki and Hakushu single malt brands. Both are blends of previous years’ whiskies from the two distilleries. Neither carry a reference to any production year, unlike previous releases.
The new Yamazaki uses malt aged in oak casks, while the lightly peated Hakushu has a “fresh, smoky nuance”.
“We hope the new whiskies will cater to the growing fans of highball,” said a Suntory spokesman, referring to the popular Japanese drink of whisky sodas pre-packaged for quick consumption.
This third - and penultimate - part of October's management briefing, looking at the logistics landscape, shines the light on Asia Pacific....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts