NZ: Suntory's Frucor to buy Simply Squeezed Holdings
Frucor Beverages, the Australasian drinks group owned by Japan's Suntory, has signed a deal to acquire New Zealand fruit drinks firm Simply Squeezed Holdings.
New Zealand's Commerce Commission said today (7 July) that Frucor has sought its permission to acquire Simply Squeezed, which owns its namesake brand, as well as Supreme Country, Bay Harvest and Allganics.
A fee for the deal was not disclosed.
Simply Squeezed is owned by Crescent Food Group.
Destocking and economic turmoil aside, 2009 must surely be the year when Japan's latent drinks giants seized their chance to make themselves heard on the international scene....
From the vineyards of Australia to the boardrooms of the multi-nationals; from job losses and bankruptcies in the UK to the consolidation of the fragmented French sector - few aspects of the world's w...
It would appear that, beyond the shadow of one major transaction, the soft drinks and water categories had a year of innovation and controversy. A colourful 12 months for the sector, then, as Ben Coop...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read Comment Pieces of 2009....
What 2009 lacked in explosive headlines in the brewing category, it more than made up for in tactical manoeuvres for the future. Olly Wehring considers a year that was always going to struggle, in eve...
Suntory Holdings' deal to acquire Orangina Schweppes is another step forward in the Japanese group's plan to expand overseas, writes Michelle Russell....
Sales of energy drinks have doubled in the last five years, according to recent research....
Japan's Asahi Breweries plans to build a JPY400bn (US$4.5 bn) war chest for overseas acquisitions by using loans and revenue....
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research