JAPAN: Suntory to sell Gallo wine in Japan
The Japanese beverage company Suntory has won the rights to distribute three of the brands from the portfolio of the world's biggest winemaker E&J Gallo in Japan.
Suntory said it will offer a total of 1 million cases of three Gallo wines every year in Japan from 2003. Suntory sells around 6.6m cases of wine annually, also plans to offer for sale, said a company spokeswoman.
Gallo will put its Rivercrest, Wild Vines, and E and J Gallo Cycamore Canyon on Suntory's distribution network.
According to local reports, the deal with Suntory would double Gallo's sales in Japan. Gallo sold roughly 1.05 million cases of wine in Japan last year.
Spirits company Blavod Extreme Spirits and the Japanese drinks group Suntory recently announced the formation of a joint venture to develop and market new spirits brands. Chris Brook-Carter spoke with...
The UK market is developing in terms of sales and sophistication. Drawing on up-to-the-minute consumer research, Alex McPhee, Neville Calvert and David Matthews of management consultants, KPMG, examin...
Thresher has selected E&J Gallo to produce its own-label California wine range....
Blavod Extreme Spirits has agreed to form a joint venture company with Suntory International Corp, the US subsidiary of Suntory Limited. ...
E&J Gallo winery is launching its first French wine brand, Red Bicyclette, in the UK....
Suntory Ltd is to suspend sales of its Bubbleman Soda Jet soft drink....
Suntory has announced plans to add to its third beer portfolio....
Ernest and Julio Gallo has become the target for protests from workers in the US....
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Rekorderlig Deal Sees Molson Coors Miss Out
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- C&C Group chairman backs CEO amid turmoil
- Molson Coors acquires Rekorderlig UK rights
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup