JAPAN: Suntory teams with PepsiCo in South East Asia - report
The Japanese company, which bottles and distributes PepsiCo's products in Japan, will sell its coffee RTD brand Boss in Malaysia and Singapore through PepsiCo's sales network in the countries, local reports said late last week.
The company hopes the agreement, which should see sales in Malaysia and Singapore start in November, should contribute around JPY2bn (US$17.6m) to sales by 2010. As of 2009, Suntory said it will look to spread sales of Boss into Thailand and other countries in the region.
No-one was able to clarify the reports at PepsiCo when contacted by just-drinks today (10 September).
Japanese reports in January said that Suntory was looking to tie up production and distribution deals for Boss with local firms in Malaysia and Singapore.
Last week, Suntory said it will buy a 50% stake in Thai soft drinks company Tipco F&B for THB999m (US$30.6m). Suntory will subsequently look to sell soft drinks not only in Thailand, but across South East Asia. The two companies will sell their fruit juice brands under the Tipco name, and their functional and tea ranges under the Suntory name in the region.
Growing consumer interest in the health-enhancing properties of exotic fruits has proved a significant boon for the soft drinks industry. Most of these superfruits end up in juice form, writes Shane S...
PepsiCo is launching a super premium line of juices for its Tropicana juice brand....
PepsiAmericas has announced its first quarter dividend....
Pepsico India is building up a strong domestic supply of fruits and vegetables to be self sufficient in producing its own - and competitors' - brands in the Asia region....
PepsiCo is set to focus on slow uptake of the 'five-a-day' recommendations in the UK, by launching a new range of smoothies in the country....
PepsiCo has secured the naming rights for a huge Ferris wheel in the US....
The prospect of price rises led to a leap in beer sales in Japan last month, according to recent figures....
PepsiCo and Britvic have teamed up to introduce the Pepsi Raw brand to the UK on-trade....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends