JAPAN: Suntory taps into China – report
Japanese brewer Suntory is looking to up production in China this year, according to local reports.
The company hopes to increase beer production capacity in the country by 3% year-on-year to 6.8m hectolitres, Nikkei Report said. Suntory is planning to make the most of the 10% annual growth of China's beer market at a time when Japanese demand is struggling.
In April, the overall Japanese beer market saw sales fall 5.5% in April to 44.2m cases, a local report noted.
The report claimed that Suntory will raise annual capacity at its subsidiary, China Jiangsu Suntory Foods Co., by 25% to 1m hectolitres. The company intends to spend around JPY1bn (US$8.8m) to expand the facilities at the subsidiary, the report noted.
The US Tequila category continues to show strong growth, while the premium Tequila sector is booming, making it a highly attractive investment opportunity for major spirits companies. Dean Best report...
Blavod Extreme Spirits looks set to be snapped up in the coming weeks....
Japanese firm Suntory has vowed to start brewing Premium Malt's beer at its Kyushu Kumamoto factory from the start of next month, reported the local press....
Scotch whisky producer Morrison Bowmore Distillers has embarked on a root-and-branch revamp of flagship single malt Bowmore....
Japanese drinks group Suntory will officially launch its whisky brands in Russia next month, according to local reports....
Japanese beverage group Suntory intends to introduce a range of alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks under its own brand in Southeast Asian countries including Thailand and Vietnam, reported local press....
UK-based spirits producer Blavod Extreme Spirits has recorded strong growth on both sides of the Atlantic, according to figures released by the company today....
Combined shipments of beer, happoshu and so-called 'third-beer' in Japan were flat last month, according to recent figures....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018