US: Suntory takes US whiskey distribution in-house
Beam Suntory was created last month
New subsidiary Beam Suntory Inc, the result of Suntory's US$16bnacquisition of Beam Inc, will handle the products through Beam's former distribution partners, a spokesperson told just-drinks today (15 May). The agreement with Campari will end in July.
Campari confirmed the end of the partnership in its Q1 results release week. The company said Suntory brands accounted for about 1% of Campari's net sales last year. The partnership with Suntory started in 2006, a Campari spokesperson told just-drinks.
Gruppo Campari's decision to change the names of several rum brands in its Appleton Estate portfolio suggests that the segment may have stumbled on its own language. Does this mark the end of rum's re...
SodaStream has launched the first beverages from its partnership with SkinnyGirl, the lower-calorie drinks producer owned by TV personality Bethenny Frankel....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends