US: Suntory takes US whiskey distribution in-house
Beam Suntory was created last month
New subsidiary Beam Suntory Inc, the result of Suntory's US$16bnacquisition of Beam Inc, will handle the products through Beam's former distribution partners, a spokesperson told just-drinks today (15 May). The agreement with Campari will end in July.
Campari confirmed the end of the partnership in its Q1 results release week. The company said Suntory brands accounted for about 1% of Campari's net sales last year. The partnership with Suntory started in 2006, a Campari spokesperson told just-drinks.
just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
This latest 'on-trend' report from just-drinks provides a strategic summary of where the craft beer category is at present, and where it might be heading in the short-term. Through a combination of sp...read more
Beam, as the world’s fourth largest international spirits company and seventh largest overall, should be in a strong position. In some ways it is, however, it suffers from a large proportion of its vo...
Gruppo Campari's decision to change the names of several rum brands in its Appleton Estate portfolio suggests that the segment may have stumbled on its own language. Does this mark the end of rum's re...
Campari is a major player in vermouth and sparkling wine. This profile analyses the company’s response to challenging conditions in vermouth and its efforts to tap into growth opportunities in both ve...
Gruppo Campari aims to continue growing its brand presence through marketing and innovation. In addition, the Group would like to further develop its international presence, especially in emerging mar...
Campari is expected to continue its strategy of brand acquisition, not only to widen its portfolio of brands in order to fill some gaps in terms of product types, but also to improve the distribution ...
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Heineken CEO spies trouble ahead for UK
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo puts Bacardi in frame with white rum ads
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Heineken ups sales, profits despite volume squeeze
- Mast-Jagermeister closes Sidney Frank buy
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research