US: Suntory takes US whiskey distribution in-house
Beam Suntory was created last month
New subsidiary Beam Suntory Inc, the result of Suntory's US$16bnacquisition of Beam Inc, will handle the products through Beam's former distribution partners, a spokesperson told just-drinks today (15 May). The agreement with Campari will end in July.
Campari confirmed the end of the partnership in its Q1 results release week. The company said Suntory brands accounted for about 1% of Campari's net sales last year. The partnership with Suntory started in 2006, a Campari spokesperson told just-drinks.
just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
This latest 'on-trend' report from just-drinks provides a strategic summary of where the craft beer category is at present, and where it might be heading in the short-term. Through a combination of sp...read more
Campari is a major player in vermouth and sparkling wine. This profile analyses the company’s response to challenging conditions in vermouth and its efforts to tap into growth opportunities in both ve...
Gruppo Campari's decision to change the names of several rum brands in its Appleton Estate portfolio suggests that the segment may have stumbled on its own language. Does this mark the end of rum's re...
Gruppo Campari aims to continue growing its brand presence through marketing and innovation. In addition, the Group would like to further develop its international presence, especially in emerging mar...
Campari is expected to continue its strategy of brand acquisition, not only to widen its portfolio of brands in order to fill some gaps in terms of product types, but also to improve the distribution ...
The world leader in liqueurs, Campari continued its strategy of acquisitive expansion in 2014. This profile analyses the company’s efforts to fill gaps in its portfolio, including its move into Canadi...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research