JAPAN: Suntory suspends soft drink sales
Suntory Ltd is to suspend sales of its Bubbleman Soda Jet soft drink. The company made the announcement yesterday (26 July) following larger-than expected demand for the beverage, which has proved popular with Japanese teenagers, since its launch earlier this month.
Shipments of the 500-mililitre PET bottles this month are set to double the originally-planned level to 350,000 24-bottle cases, the company said.
The move follows the suspension of Suntory's Premium Malt Beer following strong demand this month.
Sales of both beverages are expected to restart early next month, once Suntory has increased its production of them.
Spirits company Blavod Extreme Spirits and the Japanese drinks group Suntory recently announced the formation of a joint venture to develop and market new spirits brands. Chris Brook-Carter spoke with...
While the overall market for tea in the UK has declined by some 12% over the past five years, iced tea consumption is on the rise. Annette Sessions reports on the potential for iced tea in the UK and ...
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
Suntory has shrugged off its failure to declare JPY760m (US$6.5m) in taxable income as a "relatively common" occurrence in Japan....
Suntory is to construct a new soft drinks facility in Japan....
Suntory has failed to declare JPY760m (US$6.5m) in taxable income for a four-year period ending December 2003, according to local reports....
Skyy Spirits has secured US distribution rights for a stable of brands owned by Japan's Suntory....
Suntory International Corp. is to release three types of shochu in the US....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends