RUSSIA: Suntory set to roll out whiskies
Japanese drinks group Suntory will officially launch its whisky brands in Russia next month, according to local reports.
The company will begin selling seven of its whisky brands through local distributor Veld-21, a report in Kommersant International said today (27 October).
Suntory will initially sell the brands in Moscow and St. Petersburg for around EUR20 (US$25.37) to EUR160. The company's whisky has hitherto only been on sale in Japanese restaurants in Russia's capital.
Suntory officials in Japan could not be reached for comment.
In spite of the news that the Indian government has once again eschewed tariff reform, Richard Woodard sees plenty of export growth potential for Scotch whisky, both in emerging and established market...
Blended malt is often regarded as the 'mongrel' of the Scotch category, but it is clearly a growth area. Some consider the combination of the kudos of malt with the brand-friendly flexibility of blend...
A survey of the top brewers in Japan has shown total beer and quasi-beer shipments were flat in the first three months of this year....
Japan's brewers, fierce rivals as they fight for share of the country's stagnant beer market, are reportedly set to join forces in a campaign to boost sales....
Japanese brewer and distiller Suntory has posted a 21% leap in operating profit for 2006....
Champagne house Laurent-Perrier is set to switch distributors in Japan....
Japanese drinks group Suntory is reportedly planning to sell a range of coffee RTDs in Singapore and Malaysia....
William Grant has struck a deal with Suntory that will see the Japanese drinks group distribute the UK distiller's products in Australia....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends