JAPAN/AUS: Suntory readies Magnum Dry beer for Australia - report
Suntory is set to launch one of its beer brands in Australia, according to reports.
The Japan Times cited unnamed sources earlier this week as saying that the Japanese brewer will release Magnum Dry in Australia in the coming months. The brand is a happoshu in its domestic market, the paper said.
Suntory is targetting sales of around 100,000 cases for Magnum Dry in Australia, where it will be offered in 50cl cans.
The beer will be producd at Suntory's Kunshan facility, near Shanghai in China.
The company has a distribution unit in Australia, handling beer and cider, spirits and Champagne brands. It only sells one beer brand, C&C Group's Tennents Lager.
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat