JAPAN/AUS: Suntory readies Magnum Dry beer for Australia - report
Suntory is set to launch one of its beer brands in Australia, according to reports.
The Japan Times cited unnamed sources earlier this week as saying that the Japanese brewer will release Magnum Dry in Australia in the coming months. The brand is a happoshu in its domestic market, the paper said.
Suntory is targetting sales of around 100,000 cases for Magnum Dry in Australia, where it will be offered in 50cl cans.
The beer will be producd at Suntory's Kunshan facility, near Shanghai in China.
The company has a distribution unit in Australia, handling beer and cider, spirits and Champagne brands. It only sells one beer brand, C&C Group's Tennents Lager.
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- Brazil could have been worse - Coca-Cola Co CEO
- Coca-Cola's H1 & Q2 Performance by Region
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action