JAPAN: Suntory posts rising 2006 sales, earnings
Japanese brewer and distiller Suntory has posted a 21% leap in operating profit for 2006.
Suntory, which also owns Scotch distiller Morrison Bowmore, said today (8 February) that operating profit reached JPY77.9bn (US$643m) last year. Sales rose 2.9% to JPY1.4 trillion.
The company, which also holds the PepsiCo licence in Japan, said net profit had slipped 32% in 2006 due to a comparison with 2005 when the company benefited from a number of one-off items.
Pernod Ricard's annual results briefing last week suggested the company has consigned the Allied Domecq deal to history. No more talk of bedding down and integration. The emphasis was firmly on the fu...
The health attributes of bottled water seem incontrovertible but the environmental issues surrounding the production and marketing of bottled water have opened what might have been viewed as a blamele...
Compania Cervecerias Unidas has posted an impressive leap in operating and net profit in the year so far....
Quilmes Industrial has revealed a small drop in the number of shares in the company....
Three North American Pepsi-Cola bottlers have laid out plans to become greener companies....
The man hailed by PepsiCo as the father of the 'Pepsi Generation' and the creative mind behind Pepsi's advertising for the past 50 years has died....
PepsiCo has agreed to provide more information on the label of its Aquafina water brand regarding its source....
Quilmes Industrial (Quinsa), the Luxembourg-based subsidiary of South American drinks combine AmBev, has said the filing of its 20-F form for 2006 will be delayed....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages