JAPAN: Suntory poised for Russia assault - report
Japanese drinks group Suntory plans to start selling a raft of spirits brands in Russia, according to local reports.
Suntory has teamed up with Moscow based distributor Veld21 and plans to start selling the brands in October, a report from the Nikkei Report news agency said yesterday (30 August).
Products from Suntory's key spirits subsidiaries, including UK Scotch distiller Morrison Bowmore and Cognac producer Louis Royer, will be central to the expansion into Russia, the report added.
Suntory is also reportedly planning to roll out flagship Japanese whisky Hibiki into Russia and hopes the brand will contribute to its sales target of JPY200m (US$1.8m) this year.
Blended malt is often regarded as the 'mongrel' of the Scotch category, but it is clearly a growth area. Some consider the combination of the kudos of malt with the brand-friendly flexibility of blend...
Japan's brewers, fierce rivals as they fight for share of the country's stagnant beer market, are reportedly set to join forces in a campaign to boost sales....
Japanese brewer and distiller Suntory has posted a 21% leap in operating profit for 2006....
Champagne house Laurent-Perrier is set to switch distributors in Japan....
Japanese drinks group Suntory is reportedly planning to sell a range of coffee RTDs in Singapore and Malaysia....
William Grant has struck a deal with Suntory that will see the Japanese drinks group distribute the UK distiller's products in Australia....
Blavod Extreme Spirits looks set to be snapped up in the coming weeks....
Japanese firm Suntory has vowed to start brewing Premium Malt's beer at its Kyushu Kumamoto factory from the start of next month, reported the local press....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review