JAPAN: Suntory poised for Russia assault - report
Japanese drinks group Suntory plans to start selling a raft of spirits brands in Russia, according to local reports.
Suntory has teamed up with Moscow based distributor Veld21 and plans to start selling the brands in October, a report from the Nikkei Report news agency said yesterday (30 August).
Products from Suntory's key spirits subsidiaries, including UK Scotch distiller Morrison Bowmore and Cognac producer Louis Royer, will be central to the expansion into Russia, the report added.
Suntory is also reportedly planning to roll out flagship Japanese whisky Hibiki into Russia and hopes the brand will contribute to its sales target of JPY200m (US$1.8m) this year.
Blended malt is often regarded as the 'mongrel' of the Scotch category, but it is clearly a growth area. Some consider the combination of the kudos of malt with the brand-friendly flexibility of blend...
Japan's brewers, fierce rivals as they fight for share of the country's stagnant beer market, are reportedly set to join forces in a campaign to boost sales....
Japanese brewer and distiller Suntory has posted a 21% leap in operating profit for 2006....
Champagne house Laurent-Perrier is set to switch distributors in Japan....
Japanese drinks group Suntory is reportedly planning to sell a range of coffee RTDs in Singapore and Malaysia....
William Grant has struck a deal with Suntory that will see the Japanese drinks group distribute the UK distiller's products in Australia....
Blavod Extreme Spirits looks set to be snapped up in the coming weeks....
Japanese firm Suntory has vowed to start brewing Premium Malt's beer at its Kyushu Kumamoto factory from the start of next month, reported the local press....
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- Japan and the global soft drinks race
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report