RUSSIA: Suntory plans Russian expansion - report
Suntory is looking to expand the coverage for its whisky brands in Russia, according to reports.
The Japanese company said today (31 August) that it aims to expand its sales network to the entire country within the year. Suntory's brands are already available in 45 cities in western Russia, including Moscow and St. Petersburg.
In October, the company plans to host seminars about its products for local distributors in Russia, as well as holding promotional sampling activities in over 50 major supermarkets.
Suntory said that it will continue to focus on marketing its whisky to high end bars and restaurants in an effort to increase its retailers from 120 to 700 and restaurants serving its whisky from 60 to 300 within the year.
The company said that this year it expects to sell 10,000 cases of whisky in the Russian market this year.
Vin & Sprit has completed the clearance of one of its Swedish facilities, with its Cognac production moving to Cognac, France....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is launching the Ardmore Traditional Cask Single Malt Scotch in the US....
The prospect of price rises led to a leap in beer sales in Japan last month, according to recent figures....
Mey Içki has brought an ex-Pernod boss and drinks industry veteran to its board of directors to aid with both the company's strategic planning and long-term growth....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
The Edrington Group has acquired a majority shareholding in Brugal Co, in a move that expands the Scotch whisky company's offering into the rum category....
The Glenrothes has launched its last vintage from the 1970s across the European and Asian marketplace....
Vodka continued its surge in the US market in 2007, and distilled spirit sales overall in the country grew for the eighth straight year, up 5.6% in value and 2.4% in volume, according to figures relea...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research