JAPAN: Suntory optimism for Kuro Oolong tea drink
Suntory has revised its sales target for its tea drink.
The Japanese company said yesterday (19 June) that its aim for Kuro Oolong OTPP tea soft drink this year is to sell 3.5m cases - containing 24 PET bottles of 350ml each - worth around JPY10bn (US$86m). The new target represents an increase on the initial aim of 2m cases worth JPY5.5bn.
Suntory launched Kuro Oolong last month, with sales exceeding 1.2m cases in the first month. Kuro Oolong OTPP retails at JPY160 per bottle and is marketed as a health drink which can inhibit the absorption of fat.
Since their introduction 30 years ago, the use of PET bottles has expanded hugely in the soft drinks market, writes Richard Corbett of industry analysts Canadean. But challenges remain, not least boos...
In this month's just-drinks interview, Roger White, chief executive of the Scottish soft drinks producer AG Barr, spoke with Annette Farr about the company's iconic brand Irn-Bru, which has bucked the...
Danish brewer Royal Unibrew has upped its presence in the Caribbean with the US$15m acquisition of controlling stakes in three companies....
Jobs are under threat at Coca-Cola's operations in Sweden as the business restructures its distribution network in the Scandinavian country....
Blavod Extreme Spirits looks set to be snapped up in the coming weeks....
Japanese firm Suntory has vowed to start brewing Premium Malt's beer at its Kyushu Kumamoto factory from the start of next month, reported the local press....
Australian soft drink producers will be celebrating the end of a levy on domestic sugar sales, after the Treasury announced it would be abolished from 1 December....
Scotch whisky producer Morrison Bowmore Distillers has embarked on a root-and-branch revamp of flagship single malt Bowmore....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Diageo job cut figures "likely overstated"
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends