JAPAN: Suntory looks to Southeast Asia
Japanese beverage group Suntory intends to introduce a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks under its own brand in Southeast Asian countries including Thailand and Vietnam, reported local press.
The firm could use the sales channels of its Singapore health drinks unit Cerebos Pacific, Suntory president and chairman of the board Nobutada Saji told Jiji Press
According to the report, Suntory has not decided which of its products it would launch in the region as yet.
In spite of the news that the Indian government has once again eschewed tariff reform, Richard Woodard sees plenty of export growth potential for Scotch whisky, both in emerging and established market...
Blended malt is often regarded as the 'mongrel' of the Scotch category, but it is clearly a growth area. Some consider the combination of the kudos of malt with the brand-friendly flexibility of blend...
Japan's brewers, fierce rivals as they fight for share of the country's stagnant beer market, are reportedly set to join forces in a campaign to boost sales....
Japanese brewer and distiller Suntory has posted a 21% leap in operating profit for 2006....
Champagne house Laurent-Perrier is set to switch distributors in Japan....
Japanese drinks group Suntory is reportedly planning to sell a range of coffee RTDs in Singapore and Malaysia....
William Grant has struck a deal with Suntory that will see the Japanese drinks group distribute the UK distiller's products in Australia....
Blavod Extreme Spirits looks set to be snapped up in the coming weeks....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages