JAPAN: Suntory launches product recall
Suntory has begun a voluntary product recall. The Japanese alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages producer and distributor is to recall 27,660 bottles of two brands of the Santa Carolina special selection wines imported from Chile.
The recall follows the omission of some information on the labels regarding a preservative used in both brands of wine. A health care centre in Osaka notified Suntory of the error. The information missing refers to the content of sorbic acid in the wine.
The wines affected by the recall are from the Cabernet Sauvignon 2003 and Sauvignon Blanc 2003 grape crops and were ordered and delivered to retail outlets prior to April 2004.
The sorbic acid content was mentioned in the certificate of analysis received with the wine from Chile, but the producer had omitted it on the labels of the bottles.
Spirits company Blavod Extreme Spirits and the Japanese drinks group Suntory recently announced the formation of a joint venture to develop and market new spirits brands. Chris Brook-Carter spoke with...
Suntory is to construct a new soft drinks facility in Japan....
Suntory has failed to declare JPY760m (US$6.5m) in taxable income for a four-year period ending December 2003, according to local reports....
Skyy Spirits has secured US distribution rights for a stable of brands owned by Japan's Suntory....
Suntory International Corp. is to release three types of shochu in the US....
The Blavod Extreme Spirits joint venture Diamante Spirits is to produce and market a new Tequila, El Diamante del Cielo (Diamond in the Sky). The new product will have a retail value between US$45-60 ...
Blavod Extreme Spirits has agreed to form a joint venture company with Suntory International Corp, the US subsidiary of Suntory Limited. ...
Suntory Ltd is to suspend sales of its Bubbleman Soda Jet soft drink....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World