JAPAN: Suntory launches new third-beer brand
Suntory has announced plans to add to its third beer portfolio. The Japanese company said today (16 June) that it will launch "Kireaji-Nam" nationwide from 26 July.
Suntory is targeting sales of 7m cases of the corn-based beer-flavoured beverage this year. The company believes the drink will appeal to health-conscious consumers, as it is free from carbohydrates.
Kireaji-Nam will join Super Blue in Suntory's third-beer stable.
The third-beer sector has grown rapidly in Japan, thanks to its low price point. In May, shipments of third-beer beverages in Japan held a 16.1% share of the overall beer market, a rise of 4% on the same period a year earlier.
Spirits company Blavod Extreme Spirits and the Japanese drinks group Suntory recently announced the formation of a joint venture to develop and market new spirits brands. Chris Brook-Carter spoke with...
Suntory has shrugged off its failure to declare JPY760m (US$6.5m) in taxable income as a "relatively common" occurrence in Japan....
Suntory is to construct a new soft drinks facility in Japan....
Suntory has failed to declare JPY760m (US$6.5m) in taxable income for a four-year period ending December 2003, according to local reports....
Skyy Spirits has secured US distribution rights for a stable of brands owned by Japan's Suntory....
Suntory International Corp. is to release three types of shochu in the US....
The Blavod Extreme Spirits joint venture Diamante Spirits is to produce and market a new Tequila, El Diamante del Cielo (Diamond in the Sky). The new product will have a retail value between US$45-60 ...
Blavod Extreme Spirits has agreed to form a joint venture company with Suntory International Corp, the US subsidiary of Suntory Limited. ...
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review