UK: Suntory launches low-key Midori push
Suntory and UK distributor Cellar Trends have launched a fresh initiative to promote the Midori melon liqueur brand in the UK.
A Midori brand team is to visit high-end cocktail bars across 17 UK cities in order to promote the liqueur, and in particular the Midori Sour cocktail - a mixture of Midori with lemon and lime juice. Midori-branded fans and chopsticks will be handed out to bar-goers in order to emphasise the drink's Japanese heritage, Suntory's UK distributor for Midori, Cellar Trends, said this week.
"Our new cocktail led strategy is designed to revitalise the brand and to re-engage consumers and bartenders alike," said Midori brand manager Nick Barker.
Suntory declined to comment when asked to specify Midori sales volumes.
Orangina Schweppes has launched a no added sugar version of its namesake drink, in an apparent effort to avoid a new soft drinks tax in its native France....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review