UK: Suntory launches low-key Midori push
Suntory and UK distributor Cellar Trends have launched a fresh initiative to promote the Midori melon liqueur brand in the UK.
A Midori brand team is to visit high-end cocktail bars across 17 UK cities in order to promote the liqueur, and in particular the Midori Sour cocktail - a mixture of Midori with lemon and lime juice. Midori-branded fans and chopsticks will be handed out to bar-goers in order to emphasise the drink's Japanese heritage, Suntory's UK distributor for Midori, Cellar Trends, said this week.
"Our new cocktail led strategy is designed to revitalise the brand and to re-engage consumers and bartenders alike," said Midori brand manager Nick Barker.
Suntory declined to comment when asked to specify Midori sales volumes.
Orangina Schweppes has launched a no added sugar version of its namesake drink, in an apparent effort to avoid a new soft drinks tax in its native France....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends