UK: Suntory launches low-key Midori push
Suntory and UK distributor Cellar Trends have launched a fresh initiative to promote the Midori melon liqueur brand in the UK.
A Midori brand team is to visit high-end cocktail bars across 17 UK cities in order to promote the liqueur, and in particular the Midori Sour cocktail - a mixture of Midori with lemon and lime juice. Midori-branded fans and chopsticks will be handed out to bar-goers in order to emphasise the drink's Japanese heritage, Suntory's UK distributor for Midori, Cellar Trends, said this week.
"Our new cocktail led strategy is designed to revitalise the brand and to re-engage consumers and bartenders alike," said Midori brand manager Nick Barker.
Suntory declined to comment when asked to specify Midori sales volumes.
Orangina Schweppes has launched a no added sugar version of its namesake drink, in an apparent effort to avoid a new soft drinks tax in its native France....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages